Have you ever walked around your own province as if you were a tourist?
— Well, that’s what happened to me when I went back to Siquijor, I felt the urge to explore and know more about my hometown which is known by many as “the mystic island”.
And as I started exploring I realized how much there was to learn about my own province and I could say “I love my own hometown”. I am proud to say that I am always a province girl at heart. Spending one week in the Isla gives me the opportunity of seeing it through in a different angle.
Tentenen so here are the awesome places I’ve visited! ?
1. Paliton Beach: Paliton San Juan Siquijor (Public Beach)
2. Islandia Beach Resort: Talisay, Catulayan, San Juan, Siquijor
3. Napo Small Irrigation Project: Napo, San Juan Siquijor
4. Lugnasan Falls: Napo, San Juan Siquijor
5. Siquijor Church: Siquijor, Siquijor
6. Monkey Business: Solangon, San Juan Siquijor
Other things to do on the Island. Watch the spectacular sunset.
Bond with friends, the island offers a lot of karaoke place.
Take lots of lovely and awesome photos.
Try eating sea urchin. (salawaki)
How to get to Siquijor?
From Cebu you had two options it’s either:
1. Take Lite Shipping Ferry to Larena, Siquijor via (Tagbilaran).
See link for 2018 trip schedules: 2gopromofares.com
2. Ride a bus
From CSBT -> Liloan Port Santander (estimated 4 hours travel)
From Liloan Port -> Sibulan Negros (take the fast craft, travel time is 30 mins)
From Sibulan -> Looc Port Dumaguete (ride on a jeep or tricycle, travel time is 30 mins)
From Looc Port -> Siquijor (take the fast craft, travel time is approximately 1 hour)